No minutes for April 2023
Library Board Meeting March 14th 2023
ATTENDANCE:Dara Thompson, Peggy Heaton, Kevin Kennedy, Natalie Epley, Peggy Eddy, Bill Farr, Roger Baldockand Lisa Lynch
EXCUSED: Mike Foster, Connie Pinkston
MINUTES: Motion to approve Feb meeting/Feb Special Meeting: Bill Farr
Second: Roger Baldock
FINANCIAL: Motion: Dara Thompson Second: Bill Farr
- Bill Farr confirmed that we are putting Memorial/Donated By labels in the books purchased with those funds.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT:Circulation: 1,273
- Lisa confirmed inclement weather plans for Summer Reading Programs. Animal program can be moved indoors. Science program can be cancelled unless they have already left, then we would be responsible for fuel costs.
- Joan Michael’s name has been added to memorial plaque.
- Lisa presented some research findings regarding library fundraising and Friends of the Library—this discussion was tabled pending further clarification.
- City of Pana budget meeting will be held on Monday, March 20th for any that can attend.
OMA: (public) NONE
- Library Improvement Fund: $30,448.61 current
- Library Expense Account: $49,048.05 current
- Edward Jones Investment: $203,684.90 current
- Common Wealth: (with accrued interest) $128,728.91 current
Board Policy and Job Description:
- Need “Ensuring Open & Honest Government” certification from Kevin, Mike,Natalie
- Library Investment Fund Policy discussion tabled for future meeting
Budget and Planning:
- Requested confirmation with City Clerk on Library Director raise increase approval in relation to the approval of the budget as a whole.
Building and Repair:None
- Motion made for clarification from previous meeting to take funds for approved Quote #1404 from Jason Reed in the amount of $710.99 from the Expense Account
Motion: Bill Farr Second: Peggy Eddy
- Discussion on sidewalks and windows tabled for future meeting
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday April 11th2023, 5:00 P.M., PANA CARNEGIE-SCHUYLER BOARD ROOM
ADJOURNED: Motion: Dara Thompson Second: Roger Baldock TIME:5:48